1. To provide leadership for development of Southern region multi-program area proposals that address existing or emerging issues through communication with program committees and/or establishment of ad hoc groups.
PROGRAM LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of Program Leadership Committee
2. To receive, review, and comment on program committee (Agriculture, Communications, Community Development, 4-H Youth Development, Family and Consumer Sciences, Information Technology, Middle Management, Staff Development) reports and makes recommendations to Southern Directors and 1890 Administrators. Copies of program reports, with recommendations are sent to the chair of the SRPLC prior to forwarding to the Southern Directors and 1890 Administrators.
3. To monitor the needs for regional and national programming in the Southern region to include: (a) the establishment of regional task forces or committees; (b) monitoring and recommending approval of multi-program area regional activities; (c) monitoring and recommending approval of regional activities originating in the program committees; and, (d) reporting and recommending of approval/disapproval of activities to the Southern Directors and 1890 Extension Administrators on a semiannual basis.
4. To ensure that information related to regional multi-program area activities is distributed to all state program committee representatives, Southern Directors, and 1890 Extension Administrators. This information includes SRPLC action and task force reports. (Note: State program committee representatives distribute to individuals in their state as appropriate.)
5. To coordinate and plan annual Joint Southern Region Program Committee meeting.