Moderator: Dwayne Hunter
Secretary: Howard Beck
SR-PLN Update - Nina Boston
The SR-PLN conference call was held on November 20 and the IT Committee report to SR-PLN included:
- Update of the committee's statusCore competencies for IT Committee are ready, taxonomy has been created, but needs to be forwarded to Bonny/NinaResults from research on distance learning curriculum. Nina is leading the effort to develop a distance learning module for inclusion into CECP. Ron Brown is supportive of forming partnerships with other regions and this module will fit into this overall design
- Directors would like a demonstration of Centra Symposium and would like the IT Committee to find a Director in each state to participate in this demonstration. (Target date would be sometime after January 1, 2004.) The date should be widely distributed, as other committees might want to participate.
Update on Plan of Work activities
- Core Competencies - Dwayne Hunter
CECP-online module development - distance learning technologies - Nina Boston
Evaluate web conferencing software - Larry Lippke.
Dates are being finalized and memos are being prepared for the presentation to directors. Larry presented a draft memo. Format for meeting will be Centra-Symposium. Potential systems to evaluate:
- Centra SymposiumLearnlinc
- Breeze/Breeze Live (Macromedia)
- Content exchange standards review and revision - Howard Beck
Participants suggested a note be distributed to the committee with an overview of the goals, purposes, and expectations. Howard Beck and Larry Lippke will have an offline discussion about the data exportation possibilities from CECP.
Video Conference Site Inventory list - Larry Lippke
Larry will review the list and make the necessary adjustments.
1890's IT PLC Representative - Dwayne Hunter
A directory of current 1890's representatives has been compiled by Larry Lippke. The committee will explore opportunities to achieve participation from this group.
- Tentative dates for future meetings - Dwayne Hunter
Tentative dates for future meetings will be distributed via the committee's listserv.