Gae Broadwater, Kentucky State University
Rick Maurer, University of Kentucky
George F. Smith, University of Tennessee
Jerry Robinson Jr., Delta State University
Alan Barefield, SRDC
Charles Sheppard, Alcorn State University
Keith Baldwin, North Carolina A&T State University
Ed Jones, North Carolina State University
Bo Beaulieu, SRDC
Greg Taylor, Texas Cooperative Extension
Forums feed into So. Growth Policy Board-June Conference
CECP Update -- Alan Barefield
- Committee met to set up review procedures and
- Places primary responsibility of 1-2 people in
- Module proposal submitted to Program Community
- Module development team leader
- 2 Reviews
- Content with at least 4 members, 3 specialist
and 1 agent
- Instructional design review (IT, communications,
- Module proposal submitted to Program Community Chair
- Alan has more information about the review process
and more detail will be presented in August
Need to clarify levels of curriculum-what to teach vs how to teach it.
Send concerns to Alan.
Administrative Advisors Update
- Larry Arrington has moved on to another position.
Joe Zublena, North Carolina State University, replaces Larry as the 1862 advisor.
Alfred Wade remains the 1890 advisor.
PLC Update -- Ed Jones
- Charleston SC August 28-31, 2005
Obesity Issue Concurrent conference in Orlando
- E-Commerce and Entrepreneurship $325 scholarship
letter to admin/director conference in May.
President's 2006 budget @ level funding ($1.3-$1.5 M).
- Friday-Feb 18, 8:00 meeting will set stage for
- Southern Growth Policies Board Rural Development
forums were noted.
- Conference Call: Thursday, March 31 at 9:00 a.m. CST